SkyDay Arts and NGSS Sciences Curriculum
SkyDay is dedicated to providing schools with inspiring NGSS aligned lesson plans on all things climate and sky. We will integrate art along with the science to make the classroom experience even more engaging. Our subject matter areas were suggested by Professor of Atmospheric Science at the University of Illinois Dr. Don Wuebbles.
1. Observations of climate change
2. The underlying science of climate change
3. Projections of climate change
4. Changing trends in severe weather
5. Changes in sea level
6. The impacts of a changing climate on humans and ecosystems
7. Reducing risks through adaptation
8. Reducing risks through mitigation
We are currently hard at work creating those curriculum pieces. So stay tuned! Meanwhile if you have an idea for an NGSS aligned curriculum piece we would love to hear from you! Together, let's build a library of valuable classroom resources designed to promote a new level of scientific understanding and ecological citizenship!